HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT OF THE EDUCATEE
A futuristic team embarked on a mission of establishing an all women Institution to provide higher education to rural women of a small town named Sivakasi. Now, SFRC, a Golden Jubilee Institution, envisions imparting holistic education encompassing the changing needs of the times.
Learner Centred Curriculum: OBE
- A curriculum based on Outcome Based Education enables measurement of learning outcomes.
- Certificate Courses and Extra Credit Courses augment the learning avenues.
- Co- Curricular and Extra Curricular activities chisel students’ innate potential and increase their employability.
- Internship programmes, Skill development courses and Job oriented courses expedite exposure to the work environment.
- Students Welfare Schemes
- Free noon meal is provided to the needy students.
- Writing materials are distributed to economically weak students.
- Student aid fund, both from the Staff Club and the Management, is disbursed to students who are academically sound and economically poor.
- ‘Earn while you learn’ scheme harnesses student potential and benefits them.
- Players in Sports and games are provided financial support. Nutritious snack is offered during practice.
- Career development
- Personality development Cell nurtures leadership qualities of the students.
- Placement Drives organised by Placement Cell has launched the career opportunity of graduates.
Communication Skill Enhancement
- The collaboration with Institute of Language Management actualizes everyday training in communication skills.
- In tie up with EBEK Language Laboratory, BEC Business Examinations are administered to interested students.
- Custom-made Part II English courses - English for Communication and English for Enrichment - offered to all the I and II UG students respectively enable cumulative acquisition of communication skills.
- Bridge courses mark a right start for the programme by imbuing interpersonal skills.
Intensifying Entrepreneurial skills
- Incubation centre, Industry-Institution Interaction Cell, A Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (ACIDE) of SFRC increase the resources for start-ups.
- Students & alumni are encouraged to enrol as Standardpreneurs and alumpreneurs respectively under ACIDE.
- Endeavours towards development of Entrepreneurial skills are channelized through programs and celebration of Entrepreneurship day.
- College Management offers seed money to Standardpreneurs to support the teething challenges of startups
- Mega Trade fair is organized every year to provide a platform for budding entrepreneurs
- YWED (Young Women Entrepreneurship Development) Centre conducts mandatory skill-based Certificate courses to all II UG students during fourth semester vacation in order to mould their employability and chisel them into future proprietors.
Promoting Health & Hygiene
- Hot cooked nutritious food is provided at nominal rate from early hours in the morning to late hours in the evening.
- Mini Gymnasium paves way to stay fit and healthy
- Yoga & Pranic healing classes handled by trained faculties synchronises physical and mental discipline.
- “8 shaped walking platforms” helps to improve concentration and hand –eye coordination.
- Everyday Morning meditation increases serenity and alertness.
- Magnificent Infrastructure:
- Well-equipped Science instrumentation centres, laboratories and Information Resource Centre navigate the students to the higher rungs of education.
- Seven Computer Laboratories with 698 computers enable them to proceed in futuristic trends.
- Uninterrupted power supply and wifi enabled campus make the students to work seamlessly towards their goals.
Career & personal Counselling
- Tutor-Ward System administers individualistic attention in academic and emotional realms.
- Counselling Cell offers emotional and psychological support to needy students.
- Personal counselling rendered on academic, health and general issues is also recorded in the departmental counselling registers.
- Five departments have been recognized as research centres (English, Tamil, Commerce and Chemistry).
- Research Cell regulates interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research, encourages novel research oeuvres, and maintains the research data and statistics of the institution.
- Faculty members are encouraged to avail seed money to pursue innovative projects.
- Incentives are provided to faculty members who have completed their doctoral degree and have publications in reputed journals listed in UGC CARE, Scopus indexed, Web of Science etc.
- SFRC constantly taps funds from funding agencies by submitting momentous, futuristic proposals.
Community and Civic engagements
Community engagements, in the form of individual volunteerism and organisational activities, organised through Part V, UBA, SESREC and departmental extension activities develop civic sense and engagement and realisation of societal responsibilities.
Institutional autonomy and academic freedom has awarded the institution a potential for developing graduates with an all round personality and responsible citizens.
- Subsequent enrolment of students in higher education in reputed organizations is escalating.
- Our alumnae occupy prominent positions in various fields like Education, Government officials, Police department, Media, Politics, Journalist, Postal department, Bank officials etc and also have emerged as successful entrepreneurs at national and international level.
- An alumna adorned the position of Vice chancellor of Mother Teresa University during 2016-2019.
- An alumna from the Department of History served as an IAS officer.