Maintenance Policy for Physical/Academic/Support Facilities
Physical, Academic and Support facilities such as Laboratory, Library, Sports complex, Computers, Classrooms, Science Instrumentation Centre are being utilized effectively and maintained efficiently according to fixed procedures and policies with regular stock verification and perpetuation of hygienic standards.
Laboratory Usage and Security Policy:
- Utilization of Laboratories and Science Instrumentation Centre for practical understanding of concepts and for consultancy services
- Training to utilise laboratories in an informed, secure manner.
- 21 well-trained laboratory assistants to maintain safety of equipment. Annual Maintenance Contract for UV-Vis Spectro Photometer, Potentiostat and Galvanostat instruments
- Safe laboratories with fume hoods, exhaust fans and secure storage of acids
- CCTV cameras in all blocks for continued surveillance
Library Usage Policy:
- A Library Committeewith Principal as President, Librarian as Co-ordinator, HODs, Student’s Union President and Secretary asMembers.
- Loss or Damage to library resources should be reported to the library and replaced by the user.
- Constant Monitoring of Library Resources through stock checking and verification
- An activeReaders club to develop interest in reading
- Orientation session for freshers on “Library Resources and Services”
- Screening of Educational movies/ motivational movies in Audio Visual Centre
- Celebration of Library week and conduct of competitions in Tamil and English
- Braille books for differently-abled
- Plagiarism check by using Urkund software for PG projects
- Photocopying and scanning facilities at minimal cost.
- Well-maintained Basketball Court, Volley Ball Court, BallBadmintonCourt, Kho-Kho Court and 200 Mts. Track
- SpaciousAir-conditioned Indoor Sports Training Facility Centre and Gym with usage register
- Conduct of Part V Physical Education classes for I UG students, NCC parade, Annual Sports Day of the College in the playground
- Outdoor Sports Facilities to host Inter-Collegiate/State/District level Tournaments
- Indoor Stadium timings
- 3.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. - Students and Women staff
- 8.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. – Subscribed and Verified Women users from the public
- Meditation and Pranayama classes in Yoga Centre
- Auctioning of Sports Articles at low cost to the students
USAGE OF COMPUTERS:
- All computers with internet connection and original K7 security feature.
- Internet service with Speed of 100Mbps.
- Effective usage for conducting Practical Classes, Online Examinations for courses such as Career Guidance and Subject Viva, Environmental Studies, Computer Literacy, CSIR-NET Preparatory courses, student projects, etc
- Log note in computer laboratories for entry and exit of users.
- Classes for school children on computer fundamentals after college hours under Part V activity.
- Cyberoam’s Sophos Firewall with Software Control
- Microsoft Campus agreement and zero piracy
- Semester wise, comprehensive system cleaning with Blower
- Efficient System Administrator, Co-ordinator, well-trained Lab Technicians and Electricians
- Proper Replacement Policy for worn-out computers
- Spacious, cleaned, whitewashed ICT-enabled classrooms
- Usage of Dustless Chalk
- Automated Lecture Capturing system
OTHER SUPPORT FACILITIES
- Insurance coverage for Staff, Students, equipment and buildings
- Regular oil servicing for generator, replacement of membranes in Mineral water plant, Air filter check for AC, checking of water level in the UPS Battery, servicing Audio-visual components
- Congenial campus life through facilities of Student’s rest room, FSSAI certified Canteen, Co-operative store, Hostel facility, ATM, Phone booth, TMB extension counter, Day care centre, Paver Block roads etc.